Namaste EOS Community!
Happy Spring Equinox!!! This is such an amazing day for this post! The solar plexus chakra is directly in alignment with the new energies we are arriving with in this new Spring season. This is a time to really own our destiny’s work and live out our dreams! It all begins with owning your power with GRACE.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.”
So, in lieu of planting our seeds of our deepest desires and hopes, this week’s practice will include “Cobra Pose,” aka “Bhujangasana,” (In Sanskrit, India’s sacred language of yoga) accompanied with the third of the 7 main energy centers in our body called the, “Solar Plexus Chakra,” or ,”Manipura,”in Sanskrit which translates to, “Jeweled City.”
This yellow, ten petaled lotus solar plexus chakra is located in your abdomen, right above the navel.
This energy center governs our self confidence, well-being and personal power. Are you ready to really go after what you desire? What is your destiny? This is the center that reminds us that all of these things and more are possible. When this center is out of balance, one can become angry, depressed, and suffer from an over all low self-esteem. On the other end of the spectrum. Maintaining a regular solar plexus chakra balancing practice is necessary to feel motivated in pursuing your passions
As we enter the Pisces/Virgo full moon on March 12th, we prepare to let go of that which no longer serves us, in order to planet new seeds for the Spring Equinox on March 20th. So, in order to get clear on what we WANT, and also to become ready to let go of what we do not, it is essential that we take the time to become centered through yoga and mindfulness practices
Cobra pose allows us to develop flexibility and strength in our lower back, while nurturing the lumbar spine.
Let’s get started!
1. Come on to your mat with your belly facing down.
2. Place your forehead on the mat and draw your hands underneath of your shoulders, palms facing down, fingers wide.
3. Allow your pelvis to stay neutral. Guiding the bottom tip of your tailbone towards the earth, while lengthening the crown of your head towards the sky.
4. Breathe slowly (Think of breathing up and down the length of your spine) drawing the tops of your feet into the earth and slowly peel your chest up, guiding your shoulders down your back, while keeping your head and neck in alignment with your spine. Keep your elbows close to your side body (Not bowing out.) Only come up as much as the spine allows WITHOUT straining. Once you have found your edge, stay there and find the gentleness in your cobra pose while we hold…
5. Visualize your sacral chakra as a swirling 10 petaled yellow lotus flower. 3 inches below your naval. Every breath in you see your flower grow brighter and brighter, and with every exhale you see it spin faster and faster. As it spins, you may notice old energy leaving this energy center as dark and oily drainage. This is completely natural and to be expected during this meditation. Breathe slowly and rhythmically. Visualize what you would like to manifest for your life over the next year. Really see it in your minds eye & feel it in your body, as if it were your reality right now. Do this for at least 5 minutes. Inhale through the nose slowly, and exhaling through the mouth while creating an, “O,” shape with the mouth as you exhale slowly. Syncing your breath with your visualization will enhance this sadhana or spiritual practice.
6. Slowly release your chest, shoulders, neck & head back onto the mat.
7. Feeling grateful for this time that you have taken to connect with yourself, smile softly, and blink your eyes, slowly coming back into the room to continue on with your day, a little more centered, calm, and happy.
Stay tuned to our weekly emails over the next 4 weeks to journey through yoga asana and the remaining 4 chakras!So much love,
BIO : Alana Roach is a International Yogi currently based out of Annapolis, MD. Formerly adorned by the city lights and the busy streets of America, she was then whisked away by the illustrious path of yoga and took to traveling the world to share it with others. A few years back she started to write about the transformation she undertook by practicing conscious meditation. Her passions became her career and she now holds RYS Teacher Trainings & International Retreats, Health Coaches, and writes every opportunity she gets. In her spare time she loves cuddling with her daughter, surfing, being in nature, and living amongst her ever growing and global loving and conscious community. She is on Facebook
, Instagram, Twitter
, and can be reached by email email@example.com
& for health coaching at SelfHealwithAlana@gmail.com